Wednesday, July 20, 2011

West Michigan Co-op

     I've been on a green bent for the past couple of years, but I'm committing myself to it more and more these days.  I am reading "The Omnivore's Dilemma" by Michael Pollan, and it has a tendency to keep me up at night.  It has inspired me to eat more locally, and as part of this movement, I have joined the West Michigan Co-op.  I picked up my purchases today after work: cherries, multi-grain bread, organic Gouda, mesclun, pork spare ribs, sirloin, eggs, milk, and a weird mix of snap beans.  I hope to use our local farmers on a more consistent basis.  By the way- the Gouda is fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. Dusty that is a great book, you should follow it up with Nourishing Traditions, its a cook book but there are some great historical details in there and it tells you how to make all kinds of crazy goodness. Its big though. You will have to let me know how the co-op food is, I am tempted to join.

    ReplyDelete